Information of the School
|1.||Name of the School with address (strictly as per Affiliation sanction letter or as permitted by the Board) with pin code no.||:||DELHI PUBLIC SCHOOL, DURGAPUR|
SEC-2D, BIDHAN NAGAR,
|iii) Fax No||:||–|
|iv) SCHOOL CODE||:||15594|
|v) PRINCIPAL NAME & QUALIFICATION||:||UMESH CHAND JAISWAL, MA(HINDI), B.Ed|
|2.||Year of Establishment of the school||:||–|
|3.||Whether NOC from State/UT or recommendation of Embassy of India obtained?||:||–|
|i) NOC No.||:||–|
|ii) NOC Issuing date||:||–|
|4.||Is the school is recognized, if yes by which Authority||:|
|5.||Status of Affiliation|
|i) Affiliation No :||:||2430181|
|ii) Affiliation of the board since :||:||–|
|iii) Extension of affiliation up to :||:||–|
|6.||Name of Trust/Society/Company||:||–|
|Registered under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. Period up to which Registration of Trust/Society is valid||:||–|
|7.||List of members of School Managing |
Committee with their Address/tenure and post held
|:||Click here to View|
|8.||Area of school campus|
|i) In Acres||:||– Acres|
|ii) In sq.mts.||:||20,307 Sq. Mtrs.|
|iii) Built up area (sq.mts)||:||– Sq. Mtrs.|
|iv) Area of the playground in sq.mts||:||– Sq. Mtrs|
|v) NO. AND SIZE OF THE CLASS ROOMS (IN SQUARE FT MTR)||:||102 (49 Sq. Mt.)|
|vi) NO. AND SIZE OF LABORATORIES INCLUDING COMPUTER LABS (IN SQ MTR)||:||5 (114 Sq. Mt.)|
|vii) Other facilities|
|a) Swimming Pool||:||–|
|b) Indoor games||:||–|
|c) Dance Rooms||:||–|
|e) Music Rooms||:||–|
|g) Health & Medical Check up||:||–|
|h) Fully Wi-Fi campus / INTERNET FACILITY (Y/N)||:||Yes|
|i) CCTV surveillance system||:||–|
|j) Extra-curricular activities||:||–|
|k) No. OF GIRLS TOILETS||:||18|
|l) No. OF BOYS TOILETS||:||18|
|m) LINK OF THE YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE INSPECTION OF SCHOOL COVERING THE INFRASTRUCTURE OF THE SCHOOL||:||–|
|Facilities par excellence Free Online Test, for Classes 11 & 12, focused on Competitive Examination. help to boost the test preparation skills for IIT-JEE, PMT, Maths and Science Olympiads, NTSE, KVPY, etc. Online Test will be gradualy introduced from Class 6 onwards.|
|9.||Details of fee structure||:||Click here to view|
|(i) Own buses||:||–|
|ii) Buses hired on contract basis||:||–|
|iii) Details of transport charges||:||
|12.||Mode of payment of salary|
|i) Name of the bank through which salary is drawing||:||–|
|ii) Through single cheque transfer advice||:||–|
|iii) Individual cheque||:||–|
|13.||Details of documents at DPS RUBY PARK Library|
|Total Number of Books||:||–|
|14.||Name of the Grievance/||:||–|
|Redressal Officer with E-mail,||:||–|
|15.||Members of Sexual Harassment Committee||:||–|
|16.||Section wise enrolment of school for current session||:||
|17.||Academic session period||:||–|
|18.||Mandatory Public Disclosure||:||Click here to view|
|19.||Documents/Information||Links of uploaded documents on your school’s website|
|1. Copies of affiliation/upgradation letter and recent extension of affiliation, if any||:||Click here to view|
|2. Copies of societies/trust/company registration/renewal certificate, as applicable||:||Click here to view|
|3. Copy of no objection certificate (noc) issued, if applicable, by the state govt./UT||:||Click here to view|
|4. Copy of valid building safety certificate as per the national building code||:||Click here to view|
|5. Copy of valid fire safety certificate issued by the competent authority||:||Click here to view|
|6. Copy of the DEO certificate submitted by the school for affiliation/upgradation/extension of affiliationor self certification by school||:||Click here to view|
|7. Copies of valid water, health and sanitation certificates||:||Click here to view|
|8. Self Affidativit of School||:||–|
|9. Details of Teachers|
|10. As per the section (2.4.7 (b)) of Affiliation Bye-Laws,written declaration duly signed by the Manager andthe Principal to the effect that they have gone throughthe contents of the books prescribed by the schooland own the responsibility||:||–|
|11. List of Books prescribed in various classes||:||–|
|20.||Result and Academics|
The school is affiliated to the CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION. The well devised curriculum aims to build up a reputation for academic excellence and successfully guide the students to broaden their horizons and venture out in the competitive world of today with confidence. The curriculum seeks to develop a healthy mind together with a healthy body which is sought to be achieved by the varied and versatile co-curricular activities of the school.
ANNUAL REPORT 2020-2021
In the past 18 years, Delhi Public School, Ruby Park Kolkata, under the Om Dayal Educational and Research Society, has carved her own unique path and surged ahead in the academic mindscape of Kolkata, crossing one milestone after another. Dedicated to the cause of providing quality education, she has endeavoured to uphold and enhance the highest standards of excellence in both scholastic and co-scholastic spheres even during the raging pandemic. A consistently outstanding academic graph and a rich haul of laurels won at various Inter DPS and CBSE competitions across the nation, have most certainly consolidated her standing as one of the most esteemed institutions among 200+ DPS schools in India and abroad.
The transition from physical to online mode of learning during the present crisis, right from Pre-Primary to class XII, has been seamless with no break in continuity in achieving Learning Outcomes and in integrating Life Skills with application-oriented Key Competencies. Regular pen and paper proctored online examinations are conducted and supplementary remedial action implemented. Virtual support classes for underachievers and virtual parent-teacher meetings are also scheduled in a systematic and well-planned manner. Apart from this, participation in online intra and inter -school meets as well as career -counselling webinars is a regular feature of the academic calendar.
The academic session 2019-20 was special in more ways than one. Our students made us proud with their stellar performances in all spheres, academic as well as co-curricular. Like every year, Dipsites of Ruby Park Kolkata made their mark in the AISSE, AISSCE as well as the different prestigious competitive examinations.
Here is a glimpse of the academic achievementsof session 2019-20 whose result were declared during session 2020-21.
- In AISSE, 250 students have secured 90% and above in the aggregate while 387 students have secured 80% and above in the aggregate.
- In AISSCE, 387 students secured 90%and above while 723 students secured 80% and above in the aggregate.
- The Dipsiteshave raised the bar of excellence through their outstandingperformance in the toughest competitive exams and their pursuit of highereducation in the most renowned Indian institutes.
- 124 of our students cleared the JEE Main and 54 students qualified in the JEE Advanced, considered to be one of the toughest and most prestigious among the competitive exams in the country. SreemantiDey did us extremely proud by securing the position of STATE TOPPER in JEE Main.
- In WBJEE 2020, 9 students of our school secured ranks among the top 100 position holders. SreemantiDey and AnkurBhaumik secured 3rd and 6th rank respectively.
- In the prestigious KVPY 9 Students have qualified in 2020
- 6 students qualified in ISI – 2020
- 18 Students have qualified in PRMO – 2020
- 4 Students have qualified in NTSE level 2 – 2020
Some special academic achievements of our students are the following.
- Rishav Kumar,a student of Grade XII Science was felicitated by Hon’ble Minister of IT and Law, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad for being one of the top 50 students from among 1 lakh 30 thousand STEM innovation projects.
- KinjalAjmera of Grade 12 Commerce has secured International &Zonal Rank 1 in SOF International Commerce Olympiad. She was awarded with a cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000, gold medal and certificate of outstanding performance.
- SunhritParia a student of class VIII got selected in Microsoft Office Specialist World Championships.
- DPS Ruby Park received the “Best School Award” for the year 2020 on the basis of the performance of the Girls students’ in JBNSTS BigyaniKanyaMedhaBritti scheme based on the JBNSTS Senior Talent Search Examination 2020.
- 3 students won the title of India Maths Genius award at the Countingwell – India Maths Day. They are among the 41 winners from over 10,000 students participating from more than 33 Indian states and union territories.
Delhi Public School Ruby Park boasts of alumni to envy. Dipsites of Ruby Park have spread across the world making a mark in their chosen fields.
- PritamDey is presently pursuing Ph.D. at the Dept. Of Statistical Sciences, Duke University, USA.
- SagnikSaha completed his Masters in Engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.
- AdityaChatterjee and MaitreyeeChatterjee are completing their Bachelor’s Degree at Cornell University.
- ArushiTandon is pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree at Johns Hopkins University.
- ArchismanSaha has enrolled for B.E. at IIT Bombay while SnenihSen and SohamGhoshare both pursuing B. Math at the Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore.
- AdityaBasu and SohamGhosh are pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree at IISC Bangalore and ISI Bangalore respectively.
- AkashAgarwal is pursuing Bachelor’s Degree at IIIT while Ayush Kumar Shaw and Sankalp Bose have both joined IIT KGP for his Bachelor’s programme
- PrajwalMalhotra has joined Bachelor’s Degree programme at Waterloo University, Canada while RammaniMandal our Head Girl has joined King’s College London
- ArchismanKabiraj is pursuing a Bachelor’s degree at Dalhousie University
Academics and co-curricular activities go hand in hand in today’s educational mindscape. Keeping in mind that Co-curricular activities are instrumental in drawing out the best potentialities of the child and equip young people with the civic spirit, initiative and organizing skills, we at DPS Ruby Park did not allow the Pandemic to dampen our spirits and encouraged our students to participate in a plethora of online activities held round the year.
The outstanding accomplishments of our students in the diverse inter and intra –school competitions of 2020-21 mirror their exceptional skills, calibre and drive.
Inter School Fests
- At various Inter School Fests held across the city our students are regular participants.
- This year DPS Ruby Park bagged the 1st Runners Up position at the “UdaanVrrikshyaEcoFest”organisedbySouthPointSchool.
- At “Xuberance 2020” the Inter-School Fest by St Xavier’s CollegiateSchool our school won the 2ndRunners Up Trophy.
- At the “Morpheus” Inter-School Fest by South City International School, the Over All 3rd Runners Up position was secured by DPS Ruby Park.
- Our teams also won several awards at the ”Jaco Corp-2020″ Inter-School Business Fest at St James School and Ullas 2020 Annual Inter-School Fest at South Point School.
- At the Rhyme O Rhyme- National Level Inter-School Colouring Competition organized by Heritage Foundation, our students did us proud by winning the National Championship.
- It was a moment of great pride when our debaters stole the show at the D.D KhaitanMemorial Inter-School Debate Competition at B. D. Memorial International School and were declared OverallChampions.
- At “ShabdYatra” the prestigious Inter School debate at MBWA the DPS Ruby Park team won several awards.
- At the “Studentpreneour Challenge” International Competition organized by the University Of Arizona, USA, our team secured the 2ndRunners Up position.
- At The Heritage School Model United Nations 2020, AaravTiwari got the Outstanding Delegate award.
Inter DPS Events
Our school actively participated in the following Inter DPS events:
- Inter-DPS Quiz organised by DPS Society
- All India Inter-DPS Environmental Fest 2020 by DPS Mathura Road
- Dharohar2020 OnlineHistoryQuizby DPS Rajnagar
- Athasashtra2020 Online Economics Quiz by DPS Rajnagar
- Mosaic 2020, Inter-School Fest by DPS Saharanpur
Apart from showing their mettle and carving a niche for themselves at the various Inter-school events, our students have been actively participating in a host of events held at school covering all domains of the co-curricular arena, music, art, dance, drama, quiz, public speaking, sports etc.
In this ever growing cosmopolitan composition of our society, welcoming plurality of opinions with open arms is possibly the best gesture of promoting tolerance. In accordance with this view, special assemblies were organized on the occasions of Durga Puja, Christmas, RabindraJayanti, Independence Day and Republic Day. Students from different age groups and cultural societies participate with great enthusiasm. To create a greater awareness among students, World Music Day, Sanskrit Diwas, BhashaDiwas, Vanmahotsav and other important events were also celebrated online.
Clubs provide a platform to mingle and mould, communicate and create. It is essential for the holistic growth of students.
- The Social Service and Interact Club takes initiatives throughout the year to reach out to the less privileged sections of our society. It undertakes myriad humanitarian projects to inculcate among our students the values of empathy and commitment and endeavour to make this society a more equal place. In the pandemic year, the members reached out to more than 15 NGOs providing food staples along with stationery to help children continue their studies amidst all hardships.
- Eco Club: The need to care for the environment must be imprinted on young minds from an impressionable age. Despite the inability to go on drives and campaigns in the session gone by, members of the club carried on their zealous efforts by making posters and PPTs which were put up on the social media pages of the school.
- Quiz Club: Quizzing is an important activity which not only encourages regular and methodical research but also stimulates the critical, analytical and logical faculties of the students, including their higher order thinking skills. Let us take a glimpse at the achievements of the Quiz Club in the session 2018-2019.
- Literary Club: Literary pursuits broaden horizons. The members conducted an inter-house Literary Quiz on the virtual platform. It comprised topics like books, songs and movies. The annual school magazine was also brought out.
Career counselling sessions are organized in our school on a regular basis by top-notch universities from both India and abroad to apprise the students of the Senior Secondary classes about the courses offered, their admission procedure, scholarship schemes and fee structures. Instead of physical sessions, this year the school conducted multiple webinars.
As many as 152 workshops were attended by the teachers during this session. Regular subject-enrichment and teaching-methodology upgradation workshops keep the teachers abreast of the changing patterns in the field of education.
Ed-Tech is the new mantra. With physical classes being replaced by the virtual mode, and uncertainty as to when physical classes can resume, teachers are now, more than ever, dependent on technology. Education blended with technology, or smart education, has myriad benefits. For as famously said, good technology in the hands of a good teacher can make a great environment.
Teachers attended many workshops throughout the session to acquaint themselves with new and upcoming trends of teaching—blending traditional curriculum with smart methodologies.
The crisis one faces in life’s journey helps one discover one’s inner strength by striving and thriving beyond the challenges one faces. It is an opportunity to unlearn and relearn, re-invent oneself and re-define the goals. Delhi Public School, Ruby Park, has left no stone unturned to accommodate herself to the paradigm shifts of education. Even when the country is grappling with the second wave of the pandemic, she has firmly stood by her conviction and commitment to cater to value-based, holistic and experiential learning for more than 6000 students under her wings.
An innovative, child- friendly method of teaching is followed with special attention on individual potential. Apart from leading the students successfully on the path of academic excellence, the main aim is to help and guide the students to become well- rounded individuals and provide them the opportunity to blossom and realize their potential.
|2||TOTAL NO. OF TEACHERS||80|
|3||TEACHERS SECTION RATIO|
|4||DETAILS OF SPECIAL EDUCATOR||KATHAKALI MAITI, MA(PSYCHOLOGY)|
|5||DETAILS OF COUNSELLOR AND WELNESS TEACHER||NONE|